Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Is God Paying Attention?

by Pastor Greg Laurie

As the disciples made their way across the Sea of Galilee, a storm arose that was so severe it made them panic. Jesus had sent them ahead while He went to pray on a mountain. He told them to go to the other side, which meant they would get to the other side.

It didn’t mean they would have smooth sailing, but it did mean they would get to the other side. Even so, they wondered if they were going to survive. They prayed and called out to God.
And then we read that Jesus came to them in the fourth watch of the night.
What does that mean? Back in those days, a day was divided into four watches. The fourth watch of the night was that time just before dawn. This meant the disciples had been battling that storm for nine long hours.

Maybe you’re going through a storm right now, a storm that just won’t seem to let up. And just about the time it seems to be getting better, it actually gets a little bit worse. You wonder whether God knows what you’re going through. Is He paying attention? Is He aware of the hardships that you’re dealing with?

Yes, He’s aware. Even when the disciples were out at sea, even though Jesus wasn’t in the boat yet, He was watching. And He was praying. You need to know that God is watching over you. Proverbs 15:3 says, “The Lord is watching everywhere, keeping his eye on both the evil and the good” (NLT).
Jesus arrived at what seemed like the last minute. But as someone has said, when you get to the end of yourself, you get to the beginning of God.

Are you at the end of yourself right now? The Lord will come through for you!


I need to add my take on this because at my age I have seen God come through when I did not see a way for Him to answer my needs. Part of the problem was me-Doubting Ted...should have been my name. The other part was feeling my own sinfulness and not realizing God knew I was a sinner saved by His Grace! That did not stop His great love for me. I am nobody in the grand scheme of things but the Lord knows my name. Pslms 139 says He knew me before one of my days was even yet to come. He gave us His only begotten Son a child born to die for our die for our sins as a righteous man who knew no sin. Trust is very important when it comes to believing that our Lord really does care and He does know our situation in life. You are loved even you don't feel like it. He will deliver us!
See you next blog,
Ted

No comments:

Post a Comment

Depend Fully On Jesus

 https://info.truthforlife.org/private-worship-1?ecid=ACsprvts0k5VftayoMvIszLlZmJur8gvo_lfsYjM0mXix61w9WSYAQ_QiPX9R46CaoW8LXho-uf3&utm_c...