Thursday, January 10, 2013

The Loneliness That Follows Letting Go


OK YOU FINALLY LEFT A TOXIC RELATIONSHIP...NOW YOU MAY FEEL LONELY EVEN THOUGH YOUR LIFE IN THAT RELATIONSHIP WAS UNHEALTHY...NOW HOW DO I DEAL WITH IT AND KEEP FROM REPEATING THE SAME MISTAKE?

Sometimes God calls us to take steps we’d rather not. To make decisions that leave us in a lonely place, because it is based on right steps. Sometime He moves our stiff legs to bend in the exact way He desires, and we would otherwise despise.

The bending hurts. The new foot placement is uncomfortable. The straining position between where He wants me to go and where I want to be causes an anxiousness that at moments is overwhelming.

Yet sometimes He calls us to do this alone. He summons our soul to step out – beyond the crowd, beyond the comfort, beyond the familiar, and even beyond the bitterness. As the steps are taken, feelings of loneliness may often increase. Who do I talk to? Who will walk with me or carry me when I am too weak to walk? Who will hear me cry or hold my spinning head still? Who will cry with me and allow me to cling to them? Who? Clinging to your job, a bad marriage, bad relationships devoid of growth as a Christian, or even your children to hide loneliness is always wrong. Why? You are not facing life issues honestly, AND WORSE, YOU ARE NOT DEPENDING ON GOD WHO BROUGHT YOU OUT OF BONDAGE!!! So how do I deal with loneliness?

The reply to these questions is only answered by the hollow emptiness of no one. And yet there, void of company, a comfort can arise from deep within that moves you to believe that this is exactly the way He intended you to be; alone for a short time to reflect and listen.

The power of loneliness moves you to a place of dependence like nothing else can. You are self-actualized in ways no other person could help you to get to with their words or presence. In loneliness you are confronted with a version of yourself that is far more real and honest than any other status could bring. Here you face yourself, all your fears, and even your dreams before God…alone.

But though it isn't the way that you would want it if you could have it your way? At least you would be before God – alone – having all attention on you as if no one else existed? Though I would never make a life decision when lonely, it is time of reflection and honestly facing your fears and choosing to trust God for the future!

That reminds me of something I learned in seminary...blessed are the flexible, for they shall not break!!!

See you next blog,
Ted

1 comment:

Depend Fully On Jesus

 https://info.truthforlife.org/private-worship-1?ecid=ACsprvts0k5VftayoMvIszLlZmJur8gvo_lfsYjM0mXix61w9WSYAQ_QiPX9R46CaoW8LXho-uf3&utm_c...