Her Abusive "Christian" Marriage She couldn't believe this was her reality.
The numbers are staggering. Narcissism is on the increase and most of it has to do with mental illness and a sense of entitlement. However it is really difficult to discern if you are dating a Malignant Narcissist. What may look like just over the top confidence or masked odd behavior is often a pitfall for the intended wife/husband. The intended may start out with buying you gifts or taking care of bills even offering to move in or marry you and take care of you. The woman/man is flattered by all the attention and agrees to open up her/his life to this "loving individual." However even before the marriage gets started there are signs that need to be looked for that tell you danger is in the making...
Signs to look for when dating that tell you that you're in a relationship with a sick, Malignant Narcissist!
1. They seem likable — at least, at first glance.
2. Not all narcissists are loud and proud. In fact, some are quiet and shy at first.
3. They crave to be noticed and aspire to leadership roles.
4. They always manage to make the conversation about themselves.
5. Many are guilty of name-dropping to give themselves credibility.
6. Not every story a narcissist tells is one of victory. But even in the stories of tragedy or failure, there’s an air of entitlement and victimization.
7. They like nice things and will often take care of their desire them above your needs.
8. Appearance is everything to them. They crave attention and like to be seen as popular even though they may actually be offensive. They find it hard to compliment you when you need it or ask for it.
9. They are strongly averse to criticism. They will go out of their way to put criticism back on the shoulders of anyone who criticizes them. They rarely take responsibility for their failures or flawed behavior.
10. Excuses are a narcissist’s best friend.
11. They leave a trail of wreckage behind them.
12. Sexual conquest are their main desire, if they can't get what they want they become abusive(critical) They want it often and are obsessive about it.
13. Everything is personal.
14. A narcissistic person probably has no idea he or she is a narcissist.
15. You find yourself resorting to flattery just to maintain the peace with a narcissist. They love to brag about themselves...
16. You begin to lose your own personal identity when you marry them and often feel depressed. It is not unusual to suffer panic attacks, feelings of rage at yourself, withdrawn and unable to tell others how bad things really are, and become very protective of your children.
17. Narcissists are not low in self-esteem. Though most actually hate themselves especially when things go wrong, they have an over blown self-esteem.
18. No one can measure up to them. If they see anyone on the horizon of their life that can offer a credible challenge they do all within their power to make the person feel insecure. (you and your children are not exempt from this behavior)
PLEASE READ THIS STORY