Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Trusting God In The Dark

I would imagine that everyone goes through a dark time in their life. Some may even call out to God in the hope of being delivered immediately from their circumstances. Often times the situation may even seem to get worse and we begin to feel forgotten or worse, forsaken by God. The Psalmist here takes his great sorrow to God and he even goes so far as to say "Consider my plight Lord lest I sleep the sleep of death!

Dire circumstances and it seems all is dark and there is no forthcoming light, but the beginning of miracle is being conceived. Angry at the enemy of his soul, David stiffens his resolve to trust the Lord says "Lest the enemy of soul should finally say, as the enemy hoped to say with Job, I have prevailed over him. Lest my foes rejoice in my sad condition...nevertheless I will trust in your steadfast love Oh God! The greatest gift God has given us through His Son is salvation when we do finally pass from all the turmoil and triumphs of this life if we rejoice in His great salvation and stand steadfast when darkness surrounds us. Friends we will all face dark circumstances, some beyond terrible, but that does not change God's mind about us. His love is steadfast if we will simply reach out for it. Stand therefore!

In Christ,
Ted


Trusting God in the Dark
by Alistair Begg

VIDEO https://youtu.be/J_DKmBOJfKE

Psalms 13:1-6
(ID: 3341)
Everyone experiences disappointment or sadness to some degree. In Psalm 13, David demonstrated what it means to trust God in tough times. Feeling forgotten, forsaken, sorrowful, and subdued, David cried out for God’s consideration and illumination. As he prayed, his perspective changed, and he was able to rejoice—even though his circumstances remained the same. Alistair Begg teaches that when we face difficult times, we must resist self-pity, trusting that God knows what’s best for us and can use even our hard experiences for good.

Psalms 13:1-6
How Long, O Lord?
TO THE CHOIRMASTER. A PSALM OF DAVID.
1How long, O Lord? Will you forget me forever?

How long will you hide your face from me?

How long must I take counsel in my soul

and have sorrow in my heart all the day?

How long shall my enemy be exalted over me?

Consider and answer me, O Lord my God;

light up my eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death,

lest my enemy say, “I have prevailed over him,”

lest my foes rejoice because I am shaken.

But I have trusted in your steadfast love;

my heart shall rejoice in your salvation.

I will sing to the Lord,

because he has dealt bountifully with me.



Alistair Begg is Senior Pastor at Parkside Church in Cleveland, Ohio, and the Bible teacher on Truth For Life, which is heard on the radio and online around the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Depend Fully On Jesus

 https://info.truthforlife.org/private-worship-1?ecid=ACsprvts0k5VftayoMvIszLlZmJur8gvo_lfsYjM0mXix61w9WSYAQ_QiPX9R46CaoW8LXho-uf3&utm_c...